Thursday, February 19, 2009

In Tasmania I am.

YAY!!! I FINALLY am able to set up my internet! Well, just realised that all I needed to do was to follow the instructions. =.= LOL so yeah! now i can FINALLY post up a blog entry for all of my beloved friends who have been wondering what I have been up to and how I'm going in Tas. 

So I arrived here on Sunday morning, and gathered all my luggage and went straight to my accomodation place. Yup, room's okay, toilet's okay, everything's okay. yay. so I unpacked everything and wah-la~ my room's all set! 

Was pretty surprised to find so many Asians (and more surprisingly, Malaysians)  here in Tas.. not that I'm racist or anything but nothing feels better than to feel like you belong, and thus reduce the feeling of homesickness. 

and yes. orientation! Med-orientation was great/boring/makes you sleepy with all those introductory lectures, and etc but it was good, i should say. Everyday, it makes me feel like 'Yes! I have chosen the right path to go into medicine, this is what I wanna do, this is where I want to go.. blah blah'.. so yup :) Things are going smoothly.. for now..

So how's Tas like? well I remember being pretty apprehensive at first, coz I got all these ideas of Tas like it being the 'end-of-the-world-place' and 'boring' and 'Ulu' and 'beautiful scenery' and stuff.. which I can say is a little true... I mean.. not really but ... sort of. Yes I have to admit to its beauty and all, and it's definitely not as busy a place like Melbourne or Sydney. I actually find it more like Perth, but I think it is most like Auckland(NZ).. they have similar shops as Perth, street malls, and etc etc so yeah I think I'll get on fine I hope.. :) 

Weather here is absolutely wonderful! it doesn't get as hot as Perth, Melb or Sydney so I guess that's a plus point. It's windy and sometimes a little chilly in the morning and nights.. Summer in Tas feels like early-autumn/spring in Perth where temperatures are around the 20s and not high 30s like summer in Perth(and it's definitely much cooler than Penang! hah!) Though sometimes we complain it's hot, thats probably because we're hiking all the way up to MedSci building, which is realllly steep. and a second hike after that to the residential colleges. Feels like we're hiking up to No.5 in Penang Hill or walking up that steep road in Botanical Gardens for like 20minutes(i think? or maybe 10-15min... depends on how fast you walk). So yes. there goes my daily exercise! cheers to a nice butt and legs by the end of the year! :) 

So hmm.. what else is there to say? I'm just missing all of you guys, who have been scattered all over the place. How are you guys doing & getting on with Uni life?? please fill me in yeah? :) 

well that's it for today. Toodles :)


I think I may be making the same mistake i did back then in Form 2. Come to think of it, maybe it was me who started it, not that person. Shit. why do i keep doing things that make me regret all the time? maybe if it wasn't because of me, then maybe the two of us won't be like how we are now. sighhh. why ohh whyyyy do i keep doing these things? 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home