Saturday, January 17, 2009

the future belongs to those who believe ~

So! I've been pretty busy lately running around doing stuffs and slowly checking things off my to-do-in-Penang list of mine.. and of course, spending time with beloveds :)

Offers were up last Tuesday.. and from my previous post, could pretty much tell that I got rejected by Monash. That's the bad news.. but well, all's not lost coz I've got offered from Tasmania instead.. which is one hour's flight away from Melbourne.. big relief I tell you.. lol

The whole idea of me spending my next five years in Tasmania has begun to sink in a little, and slowly, I'm accepting the idea. Though it is called the 'the-end-of-the-world' place by a few, maybe it's not that bad. I've heard it is much colder than Perth and Melbourne (yay to me!!) and a really beautiful place. Being one of the top 3(or was it top 10?) for having the cleanest air in the world, and having lots of fresh seafood and plenty of outdoor activities (yay hiking and jungle trekking!!), I'm sure I'll do fine. I've already made up my mind to immediately find all the sites where I can go lobstering, crabbing, fishing, oystering, and abaloning(is there such a word? lol).. And I'll somehow get a scuba diving license/cert so that I can go scuba scuba in the deep blue sea chasing lobsters for dinner! :)

A pic of a scenic view in Tasmania:


With that aside, my bro brought me and Lin Hui to this new place near Gurney called 'Coffee Island'... which has a really nice ambience, perfect for chilling out.. though their drinks kind of suck (especially their coffee..) lol if you're willing to pay Rm4.90 for some kopitiam coffee then by all means head down to Coffee Island please. LOL but yeah, the sea breeze and atmosphere of the whole place is really... ah.. so relaxing.. :)

@Coffee Island

Lin Hui eating her mango smoothie


Vjay sipping his iced mocha


Me slurping my Purple Holiday

hahahaha. lalalala. yeah did I mention I got a haircut and dyed my hair? :)

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and if I was destined for Tasmania, then that is where I'll be. Though we all have ideals, it does not mean that our ideals are the best for us. God knows best, and I'm sure everything will be alright with God by my side. :)

P/s: at least I still get to be a doctor and graduate from an Australian Medical School so that when I work, my degree can be recognised in Australia.. and also.. Thank God it's only one hour away from Melbourne and two hours away from Sydney! :) shopping babeh! :)

Toodles! lalalalaa~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey vewen. you're going to tassie to study? OOh. i've been there and planned to go there to study too.. LOL

January 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home